FAMILY THERAPY SERVICES
Is Your Family in Distress? Is someone in your family facing depression, anxiety or emotional pain? Are conflicts affecting family relationships? Do you want to improve communication with your family?
Every person in a family matters. Each family is a system and all individuals in a family play an essential role in the well being of each individual and the family. Luisa's focus in family therapy is to improve the relationship between children, siblings and parents/caregivers. As a relationship, intimacy, and trauma recovery expert, Luisa will assist you in addressing individual and family conflicts related to substance abuse, chronic illness, behavioral problems, aggression, or trauma.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- When a child is having a problem such as with school, substance abuse, or disordered eating.
- A major trauma or change that impacts the entire family (relocation to a new house, natural disaster, incarceration of a family member. etc.).
- Unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member.
- Adjustment to a new family member in the home (birth of a sibling, adoption, foster children, a grandparent entering the home etc.).
- Family Violence
- Parent Conflict
- Substance abuse
- Medical Trauma
- Other difficult situations